Stories from the Gothic South
Look at this picture. Tell me what you see…
The American South is rife with stories of a haunted past—especially its houses. In this eclectic and impressive collection, thirteen novelists were asked to build their tales around the photo of a dilapidated mansion. They were given two requirements—the house must appear in the story, and it should be a Southern Gothic tale. And they delivered.
From childish demons to a mad novelist, from the Mississippi delta to the Appalachians, this collection from emerging voices and New York Times bestselling authors explores what happens when secrets that lie beneath the dust are disturbed—and our worst nightmares begin.
Darkness lurks behind every corner, especially dead ends.
This collection includes:
- "The Perfect Buyer" – Jeff Abbott
- "Women and Zombies" – Helen Ellis
- "No Truth to Tell" – Patti Callahan Henry
- "The Death Doula" – Amanda Stevens
- "The Gentleman's Magicians" – Paige Crutcher
- "Fortunate Sons" – Dana Chamblee Carpenter
- "Stone Angels" – Laura Benedict
- "The Body Electric" – Bryon Quertermous
- "In Home Visit" – Dave White
- "The Perfect House" – Lisa Morton
- "Sleeping Angels" – David Bell
- "Catwood" J.T. Ellison
- "Looking for the Lost" – Ariel Lawhon